Azure VMware Solution and Azure Learning Resources
If you are a VMware Admin in an organization that has adopted or is considering adopting Azure VMware Solution, you may be looking to learn more about Azure VMware Solution and Azure itself. This page collects free resources to help you along that journey.
Learn the essentials of Microsoft Azure: architectural components, core services, solutions, management tools, compliance, security, and data protection. This collection is comprised of six self-paced learning paths that prepares you for the Microsoft Azure Fundamentals () certification, and should take roughly 10.5 hours to complete.
- Describe core Azure concepts
- Describe core Azure services
- Describe core solutions and management tools on Azure
- Describe general security and network security features
- Describe identity, governance, privacy, and compliance features
- Describe Microsoft Cost Management and service level agreements
Move beyond the fundamentals and dive deeper into Azure administration. This collection is comprised of six self-paced learning paths that prepares you for the Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate () certification, with more than 30 hours of content!
- Prerequisites for Azure administrators
- Manage identities and governance in Azure
- Implement and manage storage in Azure
- Deploy and manage Azure compute resources
- Configure and manage virtual networks for Azure administrators
- Monitor and back up Azure resources
Curated Module List
If you are looking for a balanced mix of fundamentals and administration content with a smaller time investment, we recommend these modules:
Azure VMware Solution
Microsoft has created five different learning modules, spanning 5.5 hours, of varying topics.
- Introduction to Azure VMware Solution
- Prepare to migrate VMware resources to Azure by Deploying Azure VMware Solution
- Run VMware resources on Azure VMware Solution
- Migrate VMware resources on-premises to Azure VMware Solution
- Deploy disaster recovery using VMware Site Recovery Manager and Azure VMware Solution
VMware has created a number of resources to help customers learn more about Azure VMware Solution.
- provides a basic understanding of AVS through nine, sub ten minute, modules.
- walks you through all the things you should consider before, during, and after deploying your private cloud. Complete with demos!
- (you’re already here!) serves as a landing zone for content providing demo videos, technical guides, designlets, and more!
- The allows you to get real hands-on-keyboard experience with AVS. There are four labs today covering Deployment, Site Recovery Manager, HCX, and SD-WAN.
- covering architecture, deployment, and configuration of Horizon on Azure VMware Solution